The Indian e-commerce market is expected to grow to US$ 200 billion by 2026 from US$ 38.5 billion as of 2017. Much growth of the industry has been triggered by increasing internet and smartphone penetration. The ongoing digital transformation in the country is expected to increase India’s total internet user base to 829 million by 2021 from 604.21 million as of December 2018. India’s internet economy is expected to double from US$125 billion as of April 2017 to US$ 250 billion by 2020, majorly backed by ecommerce. India’s E-commerce revenue is expected to jump from US$ 39 billion in 2017 to US$ 120 billion in 2020, growing at an annual rate of 51 per cent, the highest in the world.
So how to take advantage of this kind of immense growth opportunities.
There are few segments of overall ecommerce marketing strategies.
- Ecommerce website – Own asset
- Website and conversion and marketing ready features
- SEO and content
- Social media – branding, offers, sales, coupons
- Brand marketing and communication
- Product ads/shopping ads
- Product bloggers and influencers outreach
- Video and images for better product experience
- Emailer / Automation
- CRO with the growth of the organic traffic
- Brand storytelling / content virality
- Launch campaign if any
- Ecommerce marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart etc
- Strengthening the presence in one of the ecommerce channels
- Creative content
- Ad promotion keeping the ACOs in mind – need to generate sales at the same
- Participate in Platform specific programs – Big billion days, Mega sales drive etc etc
- These will allow you to get the visibility and eventually the account managers would give you some value
- Add reviews (Part of Ecommerce PR services)
Ecommerce marketing strategies is more or less same as Ecommerec digital marketing strategies. If you are the start up, it is advisable to start with own website and one of the major marketplace. Since you are new player in the market, brand building along with sales would be the key to success. But you should have the presence in all the marketplaces.
Digital marketing strategy of amazon
Why Amazon in the first place specially in India?
- Billion people. No 1 in India
- Platform is ready for the conversions
- They do their own promotion – digital, ATL, BTL
- Great platform to promote ads, do the sales
- Fantastic usage of brand communication, the creative part specially
- Have the advantage to do exclusive launch
- They share the in market data
- They have the pricing detail of all real estate banners for branding and sales
Amazon India marketing strategy is the key for sales. As an ecommerce marketing company, we do the following:
- amazon marketing strategy
- ecommerce marketing strategy
- ecommerce digital marketing strategy
- digital marketing strategy of amazon
Feel free to discuss your ecommerce marketing strategies with us. Call 9674975029.