So if you are planning to launch a new ecommerce website or if you want to make some changes in the existing one, then there is always an option for improvement. Besides this will be very much secure and will have all the necessary options. And no doubt about that you’ve fallen into the dilemma of what framework or language you should opt for. Perhaps this is one of the tough choices to decide for. One of the top frameworks that is commonly used is Laravel, and you can choose to build ecommerce website with laravel. In this article, we are going to discuss it and its advantages and disadvantages of the Laravel framework.
Laravel Machine Learning is a PHP-based framework firmly following the Model-View-Controlling principle for the language. At this moment, Laravel is the most used PHP framework right now. With about 25% of apps or ecommerce website using laravel are being built with it. With no doubt, the reason that the software became very popular is because of its ease of use and provides broad functionality options you can grab for your ecommerce website. Another great thing about Laravel deep learning is the high level of security that it provides for both the user and your customers.
Key Features of Laravel:
So if you want to build an ecommerce website using laravel or an ecommerce website in laravel, you might think of the features that you will get from Laravel. Below here we have mentioned some of the key features that can be availed in Laravel.
- There are a number of templates available to choose from for the framework, and this is a piece of chocolate for coders. In addition to that, Laravel also supports creating multiple layouts without too much effort. Besides you can grab all the widgets that incorporate CSS and JS.
- Object-relational mapping (ORM) is another great piece of tool that is available in Laravel. Basically, ORM gives coders an simple opportunity to use PHP instead of SQL to issue databases of the ecommerce website in laravel.
- TheModel-View-Controller provides the coders an ability to improve documentation, logic, performance, and also provides multiple functions.
- Another important factor of the Laravel is the Security, as this is one of the essential features you need to think of. Among all other platforms, Laravel is the only one that provides Security from itself.
- The best thing about Laravel is the migration system, it allows expanding databases without a need for recreation in the platform. This secures the existing data and leaves less room for data losses. And, data transfer can be done using PHP, which also gives advantages to coders.
Let’s Discuss the Pros And Cons Of Laravel
After all the discussions it is important to discuss all the Pros and the Cons if you build an ecommerce website using laravel. Here is the list of Pros and Cons to look for.
Pros of the Laravel Framework:
- Starting with the basic one, Laravel Platform is free. Therefore now you don’t have to think about your budget, which is quite good. Besides, this will constantly help you to keep it constantly up-to-date and also receive advice from people who have experience.
- You should know that the Testing is made easy with Laravel. In addition to this, there is Unit testing available for your website. This Unit testing also ensures that the changes performed in parts of the application don’t create any problems in future.
- Do you know that Laravel has a command scheduler to perform pre-set tasks? Well yes it does have. This is basically used for automatic email send out or to clean up to save the database on hosting.
- In Laravel you can separate the business code from the presentation code. This allows for changes to be performed by the design team without the interactions with PHP developers. This reduces the working hours required to update or fix anything within the appearance of the application and subsequently reduces the required budget.
- There are more than 20 inbuilt libraries available for Laravel. They serve different purposes, such as, for example, Authentication library is responsible for security.
There are many more advantages we could list here, but there are some of the main ones.
Cons of the Laravel Framework:
It will be unfair to only concentrate on good stuff related to the platform, so below there are a few disadvantages of the Laravel system.
- You might know that good Laravel developers are not that easy to find. PHP is one of the most popular languages and, yet, the problem still stands. The number of really good specialists with a strong background of various projects is quite limited.
- Although ecommerce in Laravel is made extremely easy and full of useful functionality, there are not that many of them in existence. It might not be a big issue in general but it limits your choice for the website.
- It might be a bit problematic to upgrade the framework version from one to another. This is caused by the lack of continuation in between them and this then brings us once again to the first point. Thus, it will take a highly-skilled developer or a team to perform an upgrade such that it doesn’t bring your whole system down.
- The community is not as big as for some other languages and frameworks. Again, this might not be too critical, as there are still quite a few people there. But, most of them were from the U.S. which might create some inconveniences for developers from other countries.
After this you might be asking,“Is Laravel good for E-commerce?”, there can never be a certain answer to that. In the end, everything comes to personal choices and preferences. Also the feature set required for the project. Some of the platforms might do a better job at certain points. But, we would definitely not put Laravel to the last place in the list of available options.