In following years we all have become totally in to into our smartphone and widely accepted that eCommerce businesses into mobile. However, if there are any eCommerce website that are not mindful of mobile eCommerce best practices will be left in the dust, and stand to lose all their profits within time as well as customers. Therefore we are here to let you know about it’s essential to make sure all eCommerce experiences are designed for mobile for you better profit and competition in the market.
For the last couple of years, all the phenomenal growth of eCommerce has fueled the advance of mobile eCommerce and the numbers of profit and customers have painted a colourful picture over the year. However, some eMarketer expects global mCommerce sales to reach $3.5 trillion by 2021, and account for 72.9% of the eCommerce market in the same year.
Well, you must be thinking of what is pushing this remarkable growth every year? Significantly most of the users are accessing the web from a mobile device rather than a desktop as it is very compatible, and these users are doing this with more eCommerce websites than any other websites.
Perhaps, you should know that the Mobile eCommerce has its own special requirements for great User Experience Design. And therefore, all the businessman have expected that an eCommerce site or app to work well on mobile. However, this mobile eCommerce website not only has to look beautiful, but it should also have seamless User Experience Design to adapt to their behaviours. Therefore we have added some of the best Mobile eCommerce best practices below.
Best Mobile eCommerce Best Practices You Can Opt for:
As you know that there are many aspects to keep in mind for a mobile eCommerce design. Typically, mobile eCommerce best practices use mobile UX design best practices as a baseline, and all the mobile UX designers take it to the next level for the better market flow.
Check out some of the must-have options:
- Should support image zooming by pinching and double-tap gestures
- Provide a “wishlist/save” feature for the shopping cart
- Remember to use descriptive, well-labelled forms, optimized for mobile
- Prioritize and Take full advantage of device features such as the camera, microphone, and GPS
- Prioritize the search key and keep it above on the website
- Utilize voice-recognition to speed up search and other interactions with the customer
- Provide intelligent auto-suggestions, auto-detection, and errors with forms
- Create a sense of security and trust by displaying badges, reviews, and testimonials o the website
- Provide smooth, easy, and speedy checkout
- Provide easy, thumb-oriented interaction
- Make it fast and easy to pay with built it payment systems such as Google Pay
Better Mobile eCommerce UX Leads the Way to an Improved Bottom Line:
Mobile eCommerce trends show that the mobile eCommerce market is growing devastatingly. Additionally, the expansion of the industry has created multiple factors of benefits for sellers as well as buyers. However, with this comes to the best practices and standards for mobile eCommerce UX design that businesses must follow if they are to be successful.